Saturday, March 22, 2014

Lately ....

It has been a busy few weeks in our house. Lots of parties and catch ups. Meetings and big work schedules. My birthday, friends birthday's and all that life has to offer in between. 
I have so many jobs half finished around the place. Either I am struggling to get supplies or struggling to find the time , so the next Organising on a Budget post is on its way soon, or I am struggling to find the time. Life is busy but full of all the good things.

And this is a little of what we have been up to lately .... 

All of the kids have really been into puzzles lately, not the peg puzzles but 40-60 piece puzzles. So much fun for everyone!! 


Stella lost her first tooth!! She has been waiting for so long and it was wobbly for some time but she was so patient!! She was so happy and proud of herself!


Max and Lacey are loving kindy, and we are learning how to write names and different letters.


Our theme weeks that we used to have a few years ago for Stella have returned. Anything to help with the learning process. We do crafts, collect things from around the home starting with that letter, use flash cards and play games.


We took a day trip to a lovely beach and had lunch with good friends over the long weekend. The weather was warm (as usual) , the company was lovely and it was good for the soul.


The kids loved the beach, and I didn't realise just how much I missed a white sand, no nasties in the water sort of beach!


Crafting and painting. Drawing and colouring in. Always on the cards at our house. Here Lacey is making a Sun, 'S for Sun'.



Stella participated in the school swimming carnival for the first time. They had a ball and it was so well organised and run. Only in the Pilbara is there a tag relay where the kids have to put on a high vis shirt and run around cones!!



Max and Lacey's drawing and writing skills have improved so so much since starting Kindy. Max never used to draw or write anything. Nothing at all. Now he can write his name and can draw the most  gorgeous people!

He drew me this picture for my birthday. That's me with Max and Lacey in my tummy!! So cute!


I had a lovely birthday. The first one without my family around. I miss them dearly but my gorgeous friends and 'Pilbara family' really went out of their way to make me feel special. I feel so lucky to have made such beautiful friends up here. They have certainly made the move easier.
Cards and gifts, morning tea and play at the pool and dinner out at the Yacht Club.  Two gorgeous friends made me birthday cakes, one a Baked chocolate cheesecake that was to. die. for!! Best cheesecake ever ever!
Lucky Liz

I love that Stella is becoming more confident and clever with her reading and writing and I get the pleasure of finding these little notes around the house!! 



Its the big things that make you smile but all the little small things that really contribute to happiness. I want to remember all the little small things.

That's a tiny part of our lives lately ...

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous family Liz, your kids are growing up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They really are growing up so fast!! I feel we are heading into the 'next stage' and its bittersweet!

      Delete
  2. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x