Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crafting

Since stopping work at the salon, I think my life has become more hectic, yet so much more enjoyable!
This weekend is full to the brim, I am filling in and helping out a salon in town, Noel has Football, a party for my Nan, the Midwest Baby and Kids Market Sunday and some sewing to be squeezed in before hand!!
Argh!! But you know what?! That is just how I like life, I don't know any different and as long as I am with my family, I am happy no matter what!!

In our house, on our home days, we try and do a craft session. It might be simple, or something more structured and thoughtful , but most of the time its a spare of the moment decision and I make up the activitites myself!

The other day, Stella and I set upon creating a chicken in an egg made out of a paper plate. I am BIG fan of paper plates, as you may have realised, they are cheap, easy and soooo versatile. Plus I like the look of continuity when they are all up together, regardless of whether they are a sun, a turtle or chicken!

We have moved our crafting to higher ground. Max and Lacey are at a fantastic height to swipe Stella's little table and make one hell of a mess.



First I drew on the plates, not all that perfect , but they work and Stella enjoyed it, and that is all that matters!


She then glued yellow crepe paper cut into squares, all over the top for the chickens body!


And pieces of scrap material all over the bottom for a pretty patchwork egg.(We got these scrap materials out of a collage kit I purchased)


A few feathers on either side on the back, for fluffy wings for her chicken.


And she was one proud little girl, she loves her chicken now!!


I did one too, and its so nice to do something together as usually I supervise, and I have since punched a hole in the top, threaded some ribbon and they are hanging in our loungeroom on display. I will show pics when the display is more complete (better hop to it Liz , only a week to go before Easter!!)


Why not give it a go with your child? An Easter chicken, in her egg? Easy, not much mess and pretty cute !

The next day we did these paper chains. I got the idea off Jade at Super Organiser Mum, where all good ideas come from!! Jade rocks!


They are purchased in a pack for $2 at Target (and finally our Target has something good that others have!!)
Each piece of paper has a pull of strip to expose a sticky section, so no glue or staples are required. Stella loved this activity and I loved it more for hand- eye co ordination, and the no-mess factor!!
We were able to do it later in the day, just before bath, and the results were instant!

Such concentration from Stella!! So cute! The chain is now hanging in my lounge display too, promise photos soon!!



And just a quick photo of my Toy Room storage. I have shown you before in THIS post, how I store all our craft supplies for Stella's activities in the Ikea white boxes, labelled and split into categories.
Paper Supplies, Paints/Glues, Craft Supplies and Colouring In.

And this is where the boxes go. Top shelf, out of reach of little hands and easy access for quick sessions.
When Stella gets a bit taller or Max becomes a real boy and climbs, I will reaccess the situation but for now, it works for us and looks neat and tidy (if all the lids were on properly, sorry, haha), underneath here are about 10 Branas boxes from Ikea and I am creating tags at the moment!

And just to cutesy the post up a bit, our two little cherubs are really starting to interact and bond with each other, more and more every day. Its so beautiful to watch. But , with all this bonding, also comes some serious fighting!! Snatching toys, grabbing hair, stealing food (Lacey!!) and all round bickering!! ALREADY! But boy, are they cute!!
Oh and both have taken 2 steps!! Max has been looking like he is going to walk for a month or so, and is still not really progressing much, but Lacey has just started and I think she might be the first to walk!! Soooo determined, she is reminding more of her sister (and maybe her mother!) everyday! Fall down, get back up, fall down , get back up! Max on the other hand, falls down and thinks "oh well, crawling is faster anyway!"



Please Note: New couch in background!! LEATHER!! Beautiful, will have to do a post about it, cos I love it That much!

And the messy one, after a slither of chocolate cake!! Hmmm, Bath time!

This smile is the "Show us your teeth" smile, on cue, everytime! Cute as!

I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather (well we are having cooler weather) , the days of over 35 degree temps may just be a thing of the past., I hate winter but was definatley getting over it, and our power bill was not good either! Not to mention the fact that the babies look so so cute in trackie pants!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I LOVE the chicken paper plate that is just gorgeous thank ou SO much for sharing : ) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x