Thursday, April 19, 2012

A sign of the times

It certainly is a sign of the times when Julie Rafter becomes a Mummy blogger on Packed to the Rafters!! I sign that everyday, more and more Mums (and non Mums too) are turning to blogs for a breath of fresh air, reassurance that your life is normal, a change in head space from changing nappies and conversing with rambling toddlers.
And I think its fantastic!
I had to laugh when the comment was made on the show about why people would actually want to read about Julie.....
I often wonder myself, having only started this blog for me, in a prediction that I may just neeeeeed it after having our precious twins. And I was right. But it has become so much more to me than that!
But it stills baffles me as to why, hundreds of people a day, want to read what I have to say!! But actually, you know what? I don't care, I just am grateful that they/you do!!
I have "met" and developed some beautiful friendships with fellow bloggers and my readers. The feeling I get after completing a post is awesome and I just like to write. To share.
I also like to converse. I love the comments on my Facebook page, I love to hear what you have to say.


I don't know if you are a fan of the show Packed to the Rafters, if you aren't , you should be!
Its so real, so raw and at times it makes me feel like I am sitting in their lounge room. I can relate.
And just lately I have had similar feedback to my blog, so thank you! Its nice to know you can relate to me too!
Thank you for your comments, thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings, for making me feel like what I am doing is ok, that what happens in our home is similar to what happens in all yours!!
And this is what the blogging community is about, should be about!
I hope I have made you guys feel somewhat normal and more at ease too! haha

And hows Julie getting offered a column in a paper?! I got to thinking, almost like Carrie Bradshaw, how cool would that be?! I am so jealous of Julie, if you can be of a character all based on fiction.
But I guess that inner Carrie has to come out somewhere for me, and here it is.....

Tell me, what is it that you like reading about?
Why do you read my blog or others?
What do you want to read?

2 comments:

  1. I found myself laughing at all the comments from the family 'oh she's a blogger now' etc. so can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have my own blog Liz, but from you I gain inspiration for simple, quick crafts with the kids and I know if you can do it with 4 then I can do it with 2! Keep up the great work, love clicking on your link after a hard day and seeing how you've done it all too.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x