Saturday, December 4, 2010

Repunzel, Repunzel

Sometimes I have these grand ideas when it comes to my hair....
Not so much anymore now that I am "grown up" and not an adventurous and outlandish apprentice but infact a responsible and safe boring mother! But alas, every now and then, I get these sparadic ideas to have a change, and this time was to get hair extensions. Now I feel compelled to tell you that this is not the first time, and from what I recall, last time was no different, you would think I would learn..... But I don't.

So, here we are one day, with these grand plans, a box of hair extensions and my trusty go-to girl at the salon, and just over an hour later , I was malibu Barbie, only fat, short and in need of some botox.....



2 of my beautiful girls that work with me the salon Tresses, and of course that is the hair in question!


These are the only photos and proof I have me ever actually having them.
Things didn't end well between us, I became irritated, agitated and lost all patience (just like a real relationship only it was with 16 inches of the most annoying hair anyone could have).
Don't get me wrong, I love long hair. Like LOVE long hair. BUT , not when it is thick, and heavy, and notty and NOT MY OWN!

I have now resigned to the fact that I am never going to have long luscious locks as I am far to impatient to grow it, I think my hair is long now and its JUST past my shoulders. Give me a few weeks, maybe even months and it will be cut off to the style and length I have had for the last 3 years (I have proof of pregnancy and newborn pics with both Stella AND the twins!!) A -la - borrrrinnngg!!!

Come on Liz, its pretty bad when you hubby even calls you boring!! What can I say? I am safe, I am over having people know my profession without having to tell them, and I HAVE KIDS!! Young ones, and trendy hair, takes trendy time, I don't have trendy time! But stay tuned, maybe I will get inspired to do something new. Purhaps it should be my New Years Resolution, after all, a new year, a new life......




The evidence that I am a responsible and boring Mum!!
P.S - These photos were taken at the end of year function for the Tafe college, it was so nice to hang out with my precious people at the salon, love them all to bits!!xo

4 comments:

  1. Too funny Liz!! My hubby calls me boring as well. I think he forgets we're not 18 anymore and maybe my boringness is just called.....growing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha too true, trendy hair takes trendy time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All grown up and sensible!!
    And trendy hair does take its merry time, time I don't have!! haha but one day , I will be trendy again!! hehe
    thanks for visiting girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes lets all do sensible, age appropriate hair. NOT. I'm going to the hairdressers tommorrow to do something drastic.. my long hair is annoying me and I'm having the chop..I'm a bit nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x