Thursday, January 30, 2014

Don't waste the Pav!


Nothing feels more suitable for Australia Day than a yummy Pavlova! It was funny to see on my Instagram and Facebook feed how every man and his dog was making and/or eating one too! 
Being the Martha Stewart I am, I ducked bought Pav shells from Woolworths and just threw the toppings together without much thought, well just a thought of the way it tasted of course! 


But it seems I wasn't the only one 'throwing' things around. When I opened the box of 10 shells, only 6 had managed to survive the rough treatment. Pretty lucky seeing as though we are a family of 6.


But what do you do with all these pieces of yummy meringue that look like they should just be thrown away? 
Why make a lovely little 'Pav Smash Special' of course! 

Simply layer cream, fruit and the broken meringue pieces in a glass or bowl then drizzle with passion fruit pulp to finish! 




No waste in this house!!
It made for a yummy desert for later that night when the kids were in bed, and in my opinion , I think it actually tasted better!!
Or maybe it was just because the kids were in bed, everything tastes better then!  


1 comment:

  1. Gotta love a pav! They are seriously SO Easy to make, im pretty sure Thermie will do it for you! Pav making lesson??

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x