Monday, June 8, 2015

Berry Banana Loaf - Recipe


I love to bake, but I love to bake simple things. Simple, yummy and freezable are my main requirements in a recipe and this one fits the brief perfectly!! Banana bread is a big favourite for our kids , and when I found some frozen raspberry's in the freezer ( they are safe , I promise!) that our house sitter left  behind , I knew exactly what I was going to make !

I've had this recipe for years and love it. It was from an amazing blog I used to read religiously and now, through fate and a whole lot of laughs , I now call Jade a wonderful friend. Jade has a Facebook Page called Project Happiness  where she shares lots of crafts, home decor and organising tips! 

You can add whatever berries you have to this recipe, originally it was with Blueberries but I have used Raspberries and the kids love it with some strawberries too! The berries keep it light and moist and its perfect served with a scrape of butter. Yummy 









Ingredients 
1 1/4 cups Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
20g Butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg beaten lightly
1/4 cup milk
1 banana - mashed
1/3 cup berries ( Raspberry, blue berry , strawberry etc)

Method

1)  Sift flour and Cinnamon into large bowl and then rub in butter
2)  Stir in sugar , egg, milk, berry's and banana. Do not over mix the batter , it should be lumpy
3)  Spoon into a prepared pan and bake in hot oven for about 30 mins 

NB- I used my Thermomix for this recipe as I do for most,  and still did step one separately on speed 4 for about 10 seconds. Then added everything else in Step 2 , on reverse and speed 4 for about 15 seconds. 


Delicious served warm and perfect for school lunch boxes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x