Monday, June 15, 2015

Going Bananas

Happy Monday to you!
So it is the start of another week, and I have a busy one ahead including a rent inspection (and lots of cleaning and fussing to do), a day of work and parent /teacher interviews and then I've squeezed a trip to the city into the mix for the weekend! Phew
But seeing as though we are talking about busy , I thought I would share just how I store our bananas when I pop them in the freezer. Quick and easy, just my style!
Surprisingly only 2 out of our four kids like Bananas. The twins don't, funny little things they are. Regardless they never seem to last long in our fruit bowl - with our weather up here (always hot) and the struggle to get fresh produce that hasn't been frozen or in a truck for days , our bananas life span is rather variable. (Such an in depth conversation about a fruit, hehe)

Anyhoooooo, like a lot of people, when things go on special, I buy them in bulk , even if they are to be popped in the freezer to be used at a later date. When I score bananas on sale, or if they are nearing the end of their little lives , I peel them and pop them in a shallow square container (just like the ones to store pastry sheets etc) . They are the perfect depth, I can still take out one banana at a time or multiple and I even add smaller pieces to put in our fruit smoothies etc. The container also doesn't take up a lot of space and is great for stacking items in our upright freezer with drawers.

We also store our mangoes like this during the season (as we get close to 300 mangoes all within a few weeks) and often grapes also. 


Then when I have a baking session , I always have bananas on hand and can take them out of the freezer as needed. 


Then all that is left to do is enjoy your efforts and sit down for a cuppa ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x