Sunday, May 20, 2012

Laundry finishing touches

If you are a long time follower of my Facebook page, you would know that last year, we added some overhead cupboards and a benchtop to our teeny tiny laundry. I have never gotten around to sharing the finished product , because quite frankly, its never been finished.
Just small things, the bulk of it is finished and looks fantastic and is so much more user friendly, especially with a baby ,  but there are still a few little things that need to be marked off the list, that really bug me!!
However, one of the main things that I have wanted to finish in the room, is the wall decorations. Its quite hard to find nice prints, pictures or decorating items for a laundry, and I am quite fussy even when I do find something!! Its even more difficult when you already have a print and want the colours to match.
So the solution, of course, is making something myself!

So I made this cute little deco, and put it in a frame from IKEA.
It was so quick and easy, and Stella was even able to help!
She helped me find the letters on the sticker sheet!!

I just used a piece of cardstock in a matching colour to our existing print, trimmed it to a 5 x 7 size.
Then I found some white letters (these are with glitter and the Thickers range) and stuck them on.
Finished with a touch of glue on a teeny peg.




And next to our existing print, which is a free printable - details in my extended laundry post.




I have a few other ideas and things up my sleeve but I'll save that for another time!

And totally not related to our laundry but just because they are pretty,  gorgeous blooms from our garden have been adorning our dining table lately. They are so beautiful!!

4 comments:

  1. They look great!! When my house is built I may have to do something cute like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are gorgeous. So nice to have fresh flowers on the table isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    Just browsing your blog this morning, I think your just gorgeous. Love your laundry post but was wondering if you have a link to the free printable Wash Dry Fold Repeat? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks so much.

    Betty x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x