Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas Craft- Bottle Snow Globes



One of my favourite parts of the festive season, is crafting with my kids. They love doing it all and I love spending the quality time with them. Everything else can wait if we have something to paint or make! 

This little project would have to have been one of the easiest and most effective Christmas Craft to date. The kids just love their Snow Globes and they have been used daily since completion!

You can make these as easy or as difficult as you like! You can use jars or plastic bottles (I've gone the child safe route and used plastic!) , you can add ornaments and glycerine or you can just leave them plain. Anyway you make them, they will be gorgeous and very loved!



A bottle/ Jar per person (Ours are plastic drink bottles from the Reject Shop , they come in a 6 pack)
Assorted fillers ( I used confetti snowflakes and beads, all purchased from discount stores)
Fine Glitter 
Super glue or hot glue gun (to seal the lid closed!!)

I also used a silver liquid pearl tube to write each childs initial on the lids but you can use a texta, sticker etc. 



Fill the container with chosen assorted goodies that will 'float' around.




Add some glitter. We had help from an adult for this job as I could predict what was going to happen if we didn't! Cleaning up glitter is no easy task!


Add water to the top and run a small amount of chosen glue ( I used a hot glue gun) around the inside of the lid and seal shut. Trust me , you will want to seal them shut properly. We did manage a small flood of glitter and sparkles before getting to seal all 4. argh!

Some people add Glycerine or baby oil to make the glitter float a little slower. I didn't have any, and didn't really see the need for it as the kids shake it constantly anyway. However, if you want to add some of these , just a tablespoon per bottle would be enough! I am thinking we will make some more in January with assorted fillings and will add Glycerine to those, but these are a seasonal craft and only need to last the month out!


There you have our pretty, sparkly Snow Globes/Bottles. These have been so well loved already and are perfect for the 'Silly Season' . I 'may' have sent a few of the kids to their rooms to lay down and play with their bottles , and to just chill! Its a crazy busy time of the year and sometimes kids just need a way to chill out . These are perfect for that!


Have a go at making them yourself! I would love to see your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x