Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inspired Craft Swap


Late last year, a discovered a group on facebook that was starting craft swaps. Of course, my ears pricked up and I wanted in! My first swap, I actually forgot to take photos of my creations, and I was really proud of them too!! We had teh theme of water and I used some gorgeous fabric with chocolates, fudge and blues, and made a crafting apron, 2 pot holders and a plastic bag holder. Unfortunately my item did not show up, for reasons unknows and therefore I was disappointed. (The organisers however did sent me a gorgeous handmade bracelet for compensation and I am forever grateful!)

I was somewhat reluctant to participate again, however, I could not resist!! So this is what I created for my swap partner Amy!! We had an Earth Theme, which I found quite hard, so I went with flowers and leaves, as they seemed to fit the bill for me.
I do hope Amy likes her reversible tea cosy, pot holder and slide clips!!




On Friday, when I returned home from yet another Doctors appointment for Max, a package was at my front door!!  I quickly got the kids settled inside and tore open the package!! OMG!!! How amazing is this bundle of goodies!! The bag, the zippered little pouch, the gorgeous clippies for my little princesses!! Devine!! I LOVE them and can't believe how clever Amy is!!




Sorry about the lighting but I couldn't resist a photo of my gorgeous bag, complete with fabric yoyo embellishment!!



So if you are at all crafty, and it doesn't having to be sewing, get involved, get your craft on, and make something beautiful for a stranger and receive something just as a beautiful (if not better!!) back!!

3 comments:

  1. The tulip fabric is awesome! Do you know where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, shucks...thanks for your kind words Liz!
    I’m so glad you like everything.

    I received your items yesterday and they are just gorgeous, well done!

    Cara, if I remember correctly I think I originally purchased the tulip fabric from Spotlight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gorgeous pressies. I love the fabrics you have used Liz and the striped binding just pops. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to read and more importantly comment on my blog. They are all so appreciated! Liz x